Friday, May 19, 2006

THE TRANSITION FROM MOVING FORWARD TO A BETTER WAY FORWARD

Do you still remember the final moments before saying your last goodbye to your bosses, colleagues and friends from your previous office? Well.. I certainly did!

Memories from the past years started rolling, and thousand and one questions started flooding my mind as soon as I tendered my resignation. I then started to have sleepless nights. Did I really make the right choice to leave? Will I still remember all the sweet moments once I have stepped out from this building? Am I going to miss the moments hanging out with my 2 sweet bitchy friends? Will I still be able to listen to someone saying repeated 'I Love You's to his
wife before he ends his phone conversation? Do I still get to gang up with Mr Bitchy and burst Ah Poh into tears? Do I get to do the YMCA chicken dance with MS's son again? Will I still miss them as much still after I left the company? We have to move on isn't it? Ms Getting Married Soon(GMS) left the company a year earlier, leaving me and Ms M in depression. We were so lost back then. And now, am I going to leave Ms M alone to fend for herself.... I guess I had no choice but it's my turn this time. I hoped she would understand. Mr Curry Mutton did tell me once, "David, always hang your past high up on the tree, walk off straight and never look back. It will make you move on easier". These are one of the final words from him which has been nailed deep into my mind.

I still remember that it was just right after my farewell lunch, and my bosses started calling me over to relay their blessings one by one. I still had so many things to do, so many people to say goodbye to and so many people to thank. But the most important thing is, how am I going to convince my 2 sweet friends that we will still be as close? I don't wanna end up like Ms GMS leaving them at a lost. I will definitely miss them and the whole situation would be so different.

I started drafting a mail to pen off my last goodbye to colleagues that I could not meet. As soon as I pressed the send button, my phone lines instantly buzzed as if I was in a share market building attending to very good sales. The goodbyes and wishes were overwhelming. Time flies pretty fast on that day. Very soon I had to take my leave. I wished I had several hours still to mingle with them. The moment I packed my stuff, Ah Poh started coming
over and said her goodbyes asking me why is everyone she knows best, leaving her. That statement made my heart sank. As predicted, she started to pour and being me, I'm very afraid of people crying. So I had to crack up a joke and tried to make my move fast. Ms M accompanied me to my car. She was pretty strong then but as soon as she sees me off, she burst into tears. That was how my last day in the company went...

My dear fellow mates, the memorable moments & friendship will always be cherished & remained in me FOREVER.

Lately, we met up again for drinks and to hang out very frequently indeed and being us, we started to bitch about each other endlessly... I guess the friendship and tradition never ends huh? To me, it's a better way forward...definitely!

No comments: